Domestic Certificates of Competency (COCs)

You must hold a current and appropriate near coastal Certificate of competency to perform the duties required by your job on a vessel—including fishing vessels—in Australian waters.

Get a certificate of competency or revalidate your existing certificate to work in Australian waters.

Changes to the domestic qualifications framework from 1 January 2023

From 1 January 2023 the new Marine Order 505 brings in a revised qualifications framework for Australians working across the domestic commercial vessel industry.

These revisions mean some changes to certificates of competency, commonly known as ‘tickets’. Read more.