General purpose hand near coastal
The General purpose hand near coastal will allow you to work:
- Under direct supervision of the person in charge of a vessel or its engines.
- On deck or in the engine room of a vessel up to 80 metres long within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
- In the engine room only of vessels with propulsion power up to 3000 kilowatts.
To be eligible for a General purpose hand near coastal certificate you must:
- be at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date
- meet medical, eyesight and course requirements.
For more information select what you need to apply for below.
General purpose hand near coastal is a domestic certificate of competency issued under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2013.
These instructions are summary information only. We make decisions about seafarer certificates under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2013 and National Standard for Commercial Vessels Part D—Crew competencies. These documents have full details of the eligibility and other requirements for certificate applications.