Sailing Master Offshore NC
This certificate will allow you to work as:
- Master on sailing vessels up to 24 metres long, with propulsion power up to 100 kW and no more than 12 passengers, in the EEZ.
- Chief mate or deck watchkeeper on vessels up to 45 metres long in the EEZ
- Operate a tender for the vessel under the command of the master, with propulsion power up to 100 kW
- Undertake the duties and perform the functions of a General Purpose Hand NC.
To be eligible for a Sailing master offshore near coastal certificate you must:
- Be at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date.
- Be able to speak and understand English, including written documents.
- Be medically fit for the duties, including eyesight
- Gain any needed sea service
- Complete training
For more information, select what you need to apply for below.
These instructions are summary information only. We make decisions about seafarer certificates under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2022. This document has full details of the eligibility and other requirements for certificate applications.