Master less than 100 metres near coastal
With this certificate you can command a commercial vessel less than 100 metres long.
The Master less than 100 metres near coastal will allow you to:
- act as master, chief mate or deck watchkeeper on commercial vessels up to 100 metres long operating within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
- undertake the duties and perform the functions of a General Purpose Hand NC, Master less than 24 metres NC and Master less than 45 metres NC.
To be eligible for a Master less than 100 metres near coastal certificate you must:
- Be at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date.
- Be able to speak and understand English, including written documents.
- Master less than 35 metres near coastal,
- Master less than 45 metres near coastal,
- Mate less than 80 metres near coastal,
- another certificate AMSA considers equivalent.
- Be medically fit for the duties, including eyesight
- Gain any needed sea service
- Complete training
- Pass a final assessment
For more information, select what you need to apply for below.
- Master less than 100 metres near coastal
- Master less than 100 metres near coastal syllabus AMSA 1110 (PDF 514.62 KB)
- Master less than 100 metres near coastal examiner checklist AMSA 1076
- Conduct of oral examinations AMSA 479
These instructions are summary information only. We make decisions about seafarer certificates under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2022. These documents have full details of the eligibility and other requirements for certificate applications.
Renewal of Certificate
Endorsements and restrictions
Friday 6 January 2023