AMSA business policy
AMSA is tasked with:
- Maintaining safety and environmental protection standards for the responsible operation of domestic commercial vessels, regulated Australian vessels and foreign-flagged vessels operating in Australian waters, and safety of seafarers.
- Promoting decent working and living conditions for seafarers on vessels.
- Monitoring compliance with safety and environment protection standards.
- Responding to threats in the marine environment.
- Providing systems that aid safe marine navigation.
- Detecting, locating and rescuing people in maritime and aviation distress situations.
In delivering these outcomes, we are committed to providing the highest quality services, protecting the environment, and upholding exemplary standards of workplace health and safety.
We will meet these commitments by:
- Complying with all applicable local, national and international laws, regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Setting, reviewing, publishing and achieving measurable corporate goals and targets to continuously improve the organisation and our outcomes.
- Promoting a corporate culture supporting quality that recognises and implements agreed business improvement initiatives and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Identifying, implementing and improving processes and practices that support the requirements and objectives of the quality (ISO 9001), environmental (ISO 14001) and occupational health and safety (AS/NZS 4801) standards and the integrated management system.
- Encouraging individual responsibility for quality, environmental and workplace health and safety practices which are supported through strong senior management endorsement.
- Working closely and cooperatively with employees, contractors, suppliers, clients and stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Demonstrating strong senior management leadership and accountability for the effectiveness of the integrated management system.
- Enhancing and improving customer satisfaction by ensuring a focus on customers and service delivery.
- Encouraging suppliers of goods and services to demonstrate compliance with quality, environmental and workplace.
- Health and safety standards in contractual arrangements, where relevant.
- Valuing our employees and providing a safe and healthy working environment by implementing risk management.
- Process and consulting with our employees.