Bunker delivery note requirements
When completing a bunker delivery note, you will need to include specific details.
MARPOL Annex VI and the Protection of the Sea (Prevention of Pollution from Ships) Act 1983 require that specific information be included on the bunker delivery note, provided to a ship receiving bunkers.
- Name and IMO number of receiving ship
- Date of commencement of delivery
- Name, address and telephone number of marine fuel oil supplier
- Product name(s)
- Quantity (metric tons)
- Density at 15ºC (kg/m3)1
- Sulphur content (per cent m/m)2
- Signed declaration by the fuel oil supplier’s representative that the fuel oil supplied meets the requirements of regulation 14.1 or 14.4, and regulation 18.3 of Annex VI.
1 Fuel oil should be tested in accordance with ISO 3675:1998 or ISO 12185:1996.
2 Fuel oil should be tested in accordance with ISO 8754:2003.
Format for bunker delivery notes
There is no specific format for a bunker delivery note provided that all the required information is included. If convenient, bunker suppliers may choose to use our bunker delivery note form.