Bunker delivery note requirements
When completing a bunker delivery note, you will need to include specific details.
MARPOL Annex VI and the Protection of the Sea (Prevention of Pollution from Ships) Act 1983 require that specific information be included on the bunker delivery note, which must be provided to a ship of 400 gross tonnage and above receiving bunkers.
- Name and IMO number of receiving ship
- Date of commencement of delivery
- Name, address and telephone number of marine fuel oil supplier
- Product name(s)
- Quantity (metric tons)
- Density at 15ºC (kg/m3)1
- Sulphur content (per cent m/m)2
- A declaration signed and certified by the fuel oil supplier’s representative that the fuel oil supplied is in conformity with regulation 18.3 of Annex VI and that the sulphur content of the fuel supplied does not exceed:
- the limit value given by regulation 14.1 of Annex VI;
- the limit value given by regulation 14.4 of Annex VI; or
- the purchaser’s specified limit value of ___(% m/m), as completed by the fuel oil supplier’s representative and on the basis of the purchaser’s notification that the fuel oil is intended to be used:
- in combination with an equivalent means of compliance in accordance with regulation 4 of Annex VI; or
- is subject to a relevant exemption for a ship to conduct trials for sulphur oxides emission reduction and control technology research in accordance with regulation 3.2 of Annex VI.
The declaration shall be completed by the fuel oil supplier’s representative by marking the applicable box(es) with a cross (x).
1 Fuel oil should be tested in accordance with ISO 3675:1998 or ISO 12185:1996.
2 Fuel oil should be tested in accordance with ISO 8754:2003.
Wednesday 12 August 2020