The National Plan Strategic Industry Advisory Forum (NPSIAF) is an independent industry-focused body that advises the National Plan Strategic Coordination Committee (NPSCC) on strategic issues and the future direction of the National Plan.
The membership of the forum will be drawn from industry stakeholders with a direct interest in the arrangements of the National Plan, covering the commercial maritime sector, peak oil and chemical industry bodies, and professional bodies representing oil spill contractors, salvage and towage interests.
Appointment to the forum will be upon agreement of the National Plan Strategic Coordination Committee. The membership shall include, but not be limited to, appointees from the:
- Australian Fire Authorities Council
- Australian Institute of Petroleum
- Australian Marine Oil Spill Centre
- Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Maritime Industry Australia Ltd
- Chemistry Australia
- Ports Australia
- Shipping Australian Limited
- International Salvage Union
- Maritime casualty industry
- Insurance industry.
The functions of the forum are to:
- Advise the National Plan Strategic Coordination Committee on the future direction of the National Plan
- Advise the NPSCC on issues that may affect the National Plan
- Provide advice to broad discussions on changes to National Plan policy, including:
- contingency planning
- response services
- research and development
- Provide feedback from industry
- Communicate National Plan activities to stakeholder groups.
Meetings of the NPSIAF will be held jointly with the NSPCC. Both groups will meet biannually.