Alternative fatigue risk management plan application process
Marine Order 54 requires a pilotage provider to comply with either the fatigue risk management plan published by AMSA, or this alternate fatigue risk management plan.
1 January 2013
To assess any pilotage provider’s application to work an alternate fatigue risk management plan (FRMP), a comprehensive review of the proposed FRMP and the provider’s overall Fatigue Risk Management System is required.
The main tasks carried out as part of this review include:
- Review of relevant organisational and operational documents.
- Review of relevant training and training records.
- Review of existing and proposed roster(s), system to document actual hours of work.
- Development and provision of a detailed response letter with specified conclusions about:
- The differences between the FRMP published by AMSA and the proposed alternate one.
- The likely increase in fatigue-related risk exposures and the adequacy of risk treatments to manage them.
Read the full detail in the attached document.
4 August 2020