What is a regulated Australian vessel?
Your vessel may be considered a regulated Australian vessel (RAV).
Under section 15 of the Navigation Act 2012, a RAV is any Australian vessel that:
- is registered, required to be registered, or entitled to be registered under the Shipping Registration Act 1981
- is not a recreational vessel
- may operate on overseas voyages, that is any voyage beyond the Australian exclusive economic zone (EEZ)
- is required to have a valid certificate issued under the Navigation Act 2012, except: a Tonnage certificate, all pollution certificates, Anti-fouling system certificate, or Declaration of maritime labour compliance (DMLC) part I or IIc
- may have an opt-in declaration in force.