Code of conduct
Our employees are expected to abide by the AMSA Code of conduct.
AMSA Code of conduct requires that employees must:
- Behave honestly and with integrity in the course of their employment with AMSA.
- Act with care and diligence in the course of their employment with AMSA.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment when acting in the course of AMSA employment.
- Comply with all applicable Australian laws when acting in the course of AMSA employment.
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by someone in AMSA who has authority to give the direction (the CEO and any manager or supervisor who holds the appropriate delegation).
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality about commercial matters or any dealings that the employee has with any Commonwealth agency, Department, Minister or Minister's member of staff.
- Disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with their employment at AMSA.
- Use AMSA's resources in a proper manner.
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes in connection with the employee's employment at AMSA.
- Not make improper use of:
- inside information
- the employee's duties, status, power or authority, in order to gain, or seek to gain, a benefit or advantage for the employee or for any other person.
- Behave in a way that upholds the integrity and good reputation of AMSA at all times.
- Behave in a way that upholds the good reputation of Australia while on duty overseas, at all times.
- Comply with any other conduct requirement that is prescribed by AMSA policies.
Friday 15 October 2021