Application for change of name of a registered ship
You can use this form to make an application to change the name of a registered ship.
Names that may not be approved are:
- names that are the same as or similar to names of registered ships or of ships about to be registered
- blasphemous or otherwise offensive names
- names of members of the Royal family
- names that falsely suggest a connection with the Royal family, or international, national, state or local government bodies
- names that include prefixes capable of indicating a type of ship (eg MV, FV, SS).
How to complete this form
Please forward certificate of registration along with the application for change of name of registered ship.
If the applicant is a corporation, the document may be formally executed under the corporate seal. Alternatively, an officer of the corporation may sign it, endorse it with a legible statement of his/her name and designation and have the signature witnessed.
Submitting the form
Forms can be submitted along with the lodgement fee to:
The Registrar of Ships
Shipping Registration Office
PO Box 255
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Level 2, 28 Gordon Street
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450 Australia
Telephone (02) 6279 5925