Application for equivalent means of compliance
You must demonstrate that your proposed equivalent means of compliance is at least as effective as the solution it replaces.
How to complete this form
You can use the link below to either:
- complete and submit online or
- partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.
Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.
Providing as much clearly presented, relevant detail as possible will speed up the assessment process. You may wish to include:
- surveyor reports
- copies of previous or related approvals or permits
- any other documentation that will help us to understand your request.
Trust and organisation arrangements
If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract.
If you are making an application in the name of a trust, please supply a copy of the trust deed in the supporting documents section of the application. We require the deed to confirm the full and correct name of the legal entity that is making the application. If a copy of the trust deed is not submitted at the time of making the application, it may result in delays processing your application.
Submitting the form
You can submit the form online or post it to us at:
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601
- Check the fees you will need to pay.
- If the application is incomplete, it will cause processing delays and may not be progressed. Refer to our incomplete application policy for Domestic Commercial Vessel applications.
Read the related marine order, Marine Order 503 (Certificates of survey – National Law).