Application to operate beyond survey due date or equipment due date
Use this form if you are applying under Marine Safety (Periodic survey, equipment certification and compass adjustment) Exemption (also known as Exemption 06 or EX06) for:
- additional time to undertake a periodic survey
- additional time to replace a certificate of currency for equipment
- exemption for a vessel complying with the National Standard for Commercial Vessels from the requirement to have a compass adjusted if it shows a deviation of more than 5 degrees
- exemption to have a compass adjusted at minimum intervals of time.
If you are seeking to operate a vessel after the vessel’s certificate of survey has expired, you should apply for approval under the Marine Safety (Temporary Operations) Exemption.
How to complete this form
You can use the link below to either:
- complete and submit online or
- partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.
Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.
Please note: AMSA cannot process your application until payment is received. Credit card payments are received immediately, all other methods of payment are subject to processing times as outlined by your bank. Please contact your banking institution for further details.
Trust and organisation arrangements
If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract.
If you are making an application in the name of a trust, please supply a copy of the trust deed in the supporting documents section of the application. We require the deed to confirm the full and correct name of the legal entity that is making the application. If a copy of the trust deed is not submitted at the time of making the application, it may result in delays processing your application.
Submitting the form
You can submit the form online or post it to us at:
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601