AMSA 600

Application to suspend or revoke a certificate or approval


You can use this form to apply to suspend or revoke a:

  • certificate of survey
  • load line certificate
  • certificate of operation
  • non-survey approval
  • restricted C operations approval.

If you want to suspend a certificate, the suspension will not change the expiry date of the certificate. For example, if your certificate is due to expire in six months and you seek to suspend that certificate for six months, your certificate will be expired when the suspension is lifted.

If you work on a domestic commercial vessel and need to renew your certificate of competency please go to our information about qualifications.

How to complete this form 

You can use the link below to either:

  • complete and submit online, or
  • partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.

Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.

If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract or trust deed.

Submitting the form 

You can submit the form online or post it to us at:

Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Attention: Operations
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601

Additional information 

See our fees page to see how much how you need to pay to suspend.

Last Updated: 

5 February 2021