Our Levies and Marine Qualifications system will be unavailable on 28th May 8–9:30 pm for maintenance. If you have any questions please contact AMSA Connect.

AMSA 1780

Application for change of certificate (or approval) holder for a vessel permission


This form should be used to change the certificate (or approval) holder for a:

  • certificate of survey and/or load line certificate
  • Class C restricted operations approval (EX40)
  • non-survey vessel approval (EX02)

This application can only be used for a single vessel.

Please note: If you only want to update the certificate holders contact details (eg change of address or telephone details), you can do this by contacting AMSA Connect and there is no need to submit an application. However, if you are changing your name (eg marriage) please complete this form.

Eligibility criteria

This form should be completed by the new certificate holder. 

How to complete this form

You can complete and submit the form online or you can print out the form to complete offline.

Either an electronic copy of the current certificate or the certificate details (certificate number, certificate type, issued by etc) are required.

You will be asked to upload documentation which confirms the current certificate holder’s agreement to transfer the permission to you eg bill of sale, contract of sale, statutory declaration and so forth.

Trust arrangements

If you are making an application in the name of a trust, please supply a copy of the trust deed in the supporting documents section of the application. We require the deed to confirm the full and correct name of the legal entity that is making the application. If a copy of the trust deed is not submitted at the time of making the application, it may result in delays processing your application.  

Submitting the form

You can submit the form online or post it to us at:

Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Attention: Operations
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601

More information

  • Check the fees you will need to pay.
  • If the application is incomplete, it will cause processing delays and may not be progressed. Refer to our incomplete application policy for Domestic Commercial Vessel applications.
Last updated: 25 August 2022