Verification tool (Class 4) for domestic commercial vessel safety management systems
You can use this safety management system tool to assess the health of your safety management system on your Class 4 vessel.
The tool may be used by vessel owners, operators, masters and liaison officers to review a vessel’s safety management system and assist with ongoing safety improvements.
How to complete this form
You can use this checklist to assess your safety management system and continually improve the safety of your vessel. Items covered include:
- vessel and operating considerations
- competence of crew
- emergency preparedness and response
- incident reporting
- crewing requirements
- risk control measures and
- compliance of the safety management system.
Submitting the form
These following documents aim to assist you to verify and provide an objective measure of the health of your safety management system. They are guidance documents and may be used to review your vessel’s SMS and to assist with ongoing safety improvements.
- Use form 1000 for Class 1, 2 and 3 vessels
- Use form 1003 for Class 4 vessels