Verifying an AMSA certificate
How to get certificates we have issued to you, or your seafarers, certified online.
We have a procedure which allows marine administrations and shipping companies to verify the validity of a certificate we have issued under International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW).
This tool cannot currently be used for verifying the validity of certificates issued under National Law Act 2012.
You are able to self register for access to our online verification tool.
Access the Certificate Authenticity Check website.
When we have considered and accepted your application, we will send you a unique password to gain access to the seafarer qualification verification website.
We require you to keep the password in a secure site.
Using the website
The process for using the website is as follows:
- Enter your unique password (case sensitive) to access the website.
- You will then be prompted for the certificate number and the seafarer’s identification number (in small print).
- For a passport style certificate both numbers are located on the inner page of the front cover. On an older passport this will be printed in portrait orientation (upright), on a newer passport this will be printed in landscape orientation (sideways).
- For a credit card sized certificate it is located on the face of the certificate.
- For an A4 sized paper certificate both numbers are located at the bottom of the certificate.
- The webpage will then provide the following seafarer’s certificate information:
- Certificate status
- Certificate number
- Seafarer identification number (Seafarer ID)
- Name of certificate holder
- Certificate grade
- Issue date of certificate
- Expiry date of certificate
- Date of birth