Coastal pilotage review
On 2 July 2008, we announced a joint review of the delivery of coastal pilotage services in the Torres Strait and Great Barrier Reef with the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government. The coastal pilotage services review was conducted in consultation with:
- the shipping industry
- pilotage service providers
- coastal pilots and their representatives
- relevant government departments/agencies
- regional community interests.
The review was also conducted as a consequence of issues raised at the time about coastal pilotage service delivery arrangements, including the introduction of under keel clearance management systems in Torres Strait.
A copy of the report is available:
- The delivery of coastal pilotage services in the Great Barrier Reef and Torres Strait—report
- Coastal pilotage review—AMSA response
- Coastal pilotage regulation review
- Navigation services in Australian waters
- Recommendations on training and certification and on operational procedures for maritime pilots other than deep-sea pilots of resolution A.960(23)
- Coastal pilotage—consultation on the delivery of pilotage services
Read more about our involvement in offshore oil and gas exploration.