AMSA's website will undergo maintenance from 9:30am - 11am on Thursday 30 May. During this period, search functionality may be unavailable for 1 - 2 minutes. 

We apologise for any inconvenience

New certificate

New certificate

What do I need to do?

To apply to gain a new load line certificate

Apply online or by post

If you are required to have a certificate of survey, you can apply for one at the same time using the same form.

Have your vessel details handy.

Attach supporting documentation, including:

  • a copy of any changes made to your existing load line certificate (if applicable)
  • confirmation of the organisation name and the ACN and/or ABN (eg ASIC extract, trust deed etc) if you are applying as an organisation
  • evidence of a change of name for an individual.
Submit the survey reports

You will receive a letter from us telling you which surveys are required for the application to be processed.

This will likely include plan approval, construction and commissioning phase surveys.

Contact an accredited marine surveyor or recognised organisation to have your surveys completed.

Complete an application form

Complete an Application for a certificate of survey and/or a load line certificate for a domestic commercial vessel form 521 to gain your load line certificate.

Pay the fee

Fees apply for this type of application. See our fees page for more information.

Next steps

A letter will be sent to you with the outcome of your application.

Contacting us

If you have questions about the status of your application or the outcome, please contact AMSA Connect.