Application for an Australian AIS base station licence
This form allows you to apply for an Australian AIS base station licence.
How to complete this form
Applicants wishing to proceed with third party authorisation need to follow the process detailed below:
1. Complete this form.
2. Attach evidence of the AIS non-shipborne station complying with recommendation ITU-R M.1371 (technical characteristics for an automatic identification system using time-division multiple access in the VHF maritime mobile band).
3. Agree that the AIS transmitter installation meets ACMA Level 1 compliance, i.e. transmitter output power less than 100 watts and transmitting antenna inaccessible to the public.*
* The following are examples of a type of place that is inaccessible to a member of the general public:
- the area around an antenna that is fenced and where entry is through a locked gate
- the area around a tower where the tower cannot be climbed except by the use of an external aid.
Submitting the form
You can email or mail the completed forms and other paperwork including photographs (if any) to us. We will apply to ACMA on behalf of third parties.
Please forward all paper work to:
Advisor Asset Capability Systems
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601