AMSA 579

Application for non-survey vessel


You can use this form to apply for a non-survey permit under Marine Safety (Certificates of survey) Exemption (also known as Exemption 02 or EX02) instead of applying for a certificate of survey.

Eligibility criteria 

Your vessel must be eligible under one of the divisions of Exemption 02.

You do not need to obtain approval to operate under Exemption 02 if the vessel is:

  • a small sailing vessel
  • a human-powered vessel
  • a personal watercraft, or
  • an existing vessel that was not required to have a survey certificate on 30 June 2013.

How to complete this form 

You can use the link below to either:

  • complete and submit online or
  • partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.

Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.

Trust and organisation arrangements

If you are making an application in the name of a trust, please supply a copy of the trust deed in the supporting documents section of the application. We require the deed to confirm the full and correct name of the legal entity that is making the application. If a copy of the trust deed is not submitted at the time of making the application, it may result in delays processing your application.  

If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract.

Submitting the form 

You can submit the form online or post it to us at:

Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Attention: Operations
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601

Additional information 

Access the My Boat system for guidance on how to keep your vessel compliant.

Check the fees you will need to pay.

Related information:

Last Updated: 

23 March 2021