Where the owner/operator is in the situation where some parts of the ship ownership history are not known, the person who signs the application for registration should:
- submit all available documents; and
- make a statutory declaration that states:
- to the best of their knowledge the persons claiming ownership are lawfully entitled to ownership of the ship
- explain the basis of the belief that the owner/operator are lawfully entitled to ownership
- explain the reasons certain documents or statutory declarations cannot be obtained; and
- complete a Notice of Intention to Register a Vessel (see Part 8) To allow time for possible appeals of the declaration of ownership, registration cannot be finalised until thirty (30) days from the date of publication of the notice of purported ownership.
Download the Notice of intention to apply for ship registration.