Report a marine incident
Reporting is a two-step process.
1. Notify AMSA (initial notification)
As soon as reasonably practicable* after becoming aware of the incident, notify AMSA of the incident by:
2. Submit an incident report
- complete and submit the online incident report form 19, or
- email the completed form 19 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Form 19 should include more details of the incident including actions taken to manage the incident.
* Under Marine Order 1 (Administration) 2013, regulated Australian vessels and foreign vessels must submit an incident alert within 4 hours.