Application to vary a vessel certificate or approval
You can use this form can be used to vary:
- a certificate of survey
- a load line certificate
- an approval under Exemption 40 - Marine Safety (Class C restricted operations)
- an approval for a non-survey vessel under Exemption 2 - Marine Safety (Certificates of survey).
A variation is appropriate if:
- the vessel is being sold (in this case, the form should be completed by the new owner, however they will need to provide details of the current owner and certificate or approval)
- you want to remove a service category (class)
- your name has changed
- you want to update the engine or gearbox details for an approval under Exemption 2 - Marine Safety (Certificates of survey).
You can also use this form to change your contact details, however if this is the only change you wish to make you can do this without paying a fee by calling AMSA Connect.
How to complete this form
You can use the link below to either:
- complete and submit online or
- partially complete the form. You will be given the option to print and complete the form offline.
Attach separate documents if you need to provide additional information.
If you are applying as an organisation, please provide documentation confirming your ABN and/or ACN and business name—for example ASIC extract or trust deed.
Submitting the form
You can submit the form online or post it to us at:
Australian Maritime Safety Authority
GPO Box 2181
Canberra ACT 2601
Check the fees you will need to pay.