Seafarer form 419
AMSA form 419 is used to apply for various international marine qualifications. For domestic or near coastal qualification applications, use form 426.
|Note: Form 419 was recently updated and from 11 October 2017, the old version of the form is no longer being accepted. Make sure you submit the new form with your application to avoid delays or your application being rejected.|
Complete form 419 if you are applying for:
- Sea service assessment for Deck and Engineer Officers only, including recognition
- Certificate and/or endorsement (Certificate of competency for Deck and Engineer Officers require positive AMSA sea service assessment)
- Replacement of a certificate or endorsement (only to be used if your existing certificate is lost/stolen/damaged or change of personal details)
- Recognition of certificate, initial issue and revalidation of recognition (prerequisite for initial issue: positive AMSA sea service assessment)
- Revalidation of a certificate or endorsement
- Australian seafarer’s service book
- Assessment only for Royal Australian Navy navigation seaman officers and Royal Australian Navy engineering.
How to complete this form
Read the information guide relating to you before proceeding to the form:
- Information guide when lodging application within Australia AMSA419
- Information guide when lodging application from overseas AMSA419
To complete form 419 we recommend the following.
For Internet Explorer:
For all other web browsers:
Adobe Reader version 9.1 or higher must be used, and can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
Form 419 will not open correctly on mobile devices or Apple computers.
After filling in the form:
Submitting the form
Lodge within Australia
Lodge from outside of Australia
You will need to fill out the Seafarer form 419, attach all required supporting documents and send the paperwork to us at our postal or courier address (read the lodging from overseas information guide).
- Postal address—Australian Maritime Safety Authority Seafarer Certification Service, Operations GPO Box 2181 Canberra City ACT 2601 Australia
- Courier address—Australian Maritime Safety Authority Seafarer Certification Service, Operations 82 Northbourne Avenue Braddon ACT 2612 Australia
You must include payment with your application.
- Read the schedule of charges to find out how much you need to pay
- Find approved approved training organisations and courses
- Read more about assessing your medical fitness
- Read more about examination centres where you can take your oral examination
For further help email AMSAConnect@amsa.gov.au or phone 02 6279 5000.