As soon as reasonably possible* after becoming aware of the incident, you should:
- complete and submit the online incident alert form 18
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit an incident report
Within 72 hours after becoming aware of the incident, you must:
- complete and submit the online incident report form 19, or
- email the completed form 19 to email@example.com.
What should be included in the initial notification -
- Where possible include who was involved, what, where, when and how the incident occurred.
Within 72 hours after becoming aware of the incident, the owner/operator/master must submit a report (Form 19) with more details of the incident including actions taken or will be taken to manage the incident.
* Under Marine Order 1 (Administration) 2013, regulated Australian vessels and foreign vessels must submit an incident alert within 4 hours.