Workshop skill equivalent qualifications

How to work out if your current qualifications can be used to support your application for a domestic certificate of competency.

For a domestic certificate of competency 'workshop skill equivalent qualification' means any of the following.

  1. Trade certificate as:
    • Diesel fitter
    • Electrical fitter
    • Fitter and turner or machinist
  2. Certificate III in:
    • Automotive/mechanical—diesel fitter
    • Automotive/mechanical—heavy vehicle road transport
    • Automotive/mechanical—engine reconditioning
    • Automotive/mechanical—heavy vehicle mobile equipment, plant/earthmoving/agriculture
    • Boilermaking
    • Engineering/mechanical trade
    • ESI generation electrical/electronic
    • ESI generation mechanical
    • Marine mechanics
  3. Any other approved qualification that includes workshop skills.

Last updated: 

Monday 2 December 2019