Continued competence—Certificate of Safety Training
The Continued competence (Certificate of Safety Training) is valid for 5 years and one revalidation as per International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended, (STCW).
- Australian Maritime & Fisheries Academy (Adelaide)
- Australian Maritime College (Launceston)
- ECA Maritime College (Brisbane)
- ERGT Australia (Jandakot WA) and ERGT (Altona VIC)
- ERGT (Darwin)
- Great Barrier Reef International Marine College (Cairns)
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP) (Fremantle)
- Maritime Career Training (Sunshine Coast)
- South Metropolitan TAFE (Fremantle)
- TAFE NSW Hunter Institute (Newcastle)
- TAFE NSW Sydney Institute (Sydney)
- Whitsunday Maritime Training Centre (Airlie Beach)
All of the certificates and training you complete must be AMSA approved and include evidence that they comply with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW).
Any seafarers who have completed STCW short courses through previously AMSA approved training organisations not listed above will need to contact AMSAConnect@amsa.gov.au to check the validity of these courses.