Eddystone Point Lighthouse Heritage Management Plan
We are the Commonwealth agency responsible for coastal Aids to Navigaton (AtoNs). AMSA’s network includes the Eddystone Point Lighthouse built in 1889. The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) requires us to prepare management plans that satisfy the obligations included in Schedule 7A and 7B of the EPBC Regulations (2000).
The principal features of this management plan are:
- a description of the place, its heritage values, their condition and the method used to assess its significance
- an administrative management framework
- a description of any proposals for change
- an array of conservation policies that protect and manage the place
- an implementation plan
- ways the policies will be monitored and how the management plan will be reviewed.
We have commissioned a heritage management plan to guide the future conservation of the place. This plan will provide the framework and basis for the conservation and best practice management of the Eddystone Point Lighthouse in recognition of its heritage values. The policies in this plan indicate the objectives for identification, protection, conservation and presentation of the Commonwealth heritage values of the place.