Marine Order 54—Coastal pilotage
Guidance for coastal pilots and vessels requiring a coastal pilot.
1 July 2014
Marine Order 54 (Coastal Pilotage) 2014 provides information about:
- licensing of pilotage providers and pilotage provider operations
- licensing of pilots and performing pilot duties
- compulsory pilotage areas
- applying for an exemption from the requirement to navigate with a pilot.
- Marine Order (UKCM system compulsory usage draught limit) exemption 2018/05 (PDF 367 KB)
- Pilot advisory notes
- International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers 1978 (STCW Convention)
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 (COLREG) attached to the Prevention of Collisions Convention (access or purchase)
- National Standard for Commercial Vessels
- Maritime Survivor Locating Systems (MSLS) – Operating on 121.5 MHz (borrow or purchase); AS/NZS 4869.1:2006
- Stand alone maritime survivor locating systems (MSLS) (borrow or purchase); AS/NZS 4869.2:2010