Master less than 80 metres near coastal
This qualification lets you command a commercial vessel less than 80 metres long.
The Master less than 80 metres near coastal will allow you to act as master, chief mate or deck watchkeeper on commercial vessels up to 80 metres long operating within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
To be eligible for a Master less than 80 metres near coastal certificate you must:
- Be at least 16 years old on the certificate issue date.
- Hold either a Master less than 35 metres near coastal or Mate less than 80 metres near coastal certificate of competency.
- Meet medical, eyesight, sea service and course requirements.
For more information, select what you need to apply for below.
- Master less than 80 metres near coastal
- Master less than 80 metres near coastal syllabus AMSA 1110
- Master less than 80 metres near coastal examiner checklist AMSA 1076
- Conduct of oral examinations AMSA 479
Master less than 80 metres Near Coastal (NC) is a domestic certificate of competency issued under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2013.
These instructions are summary information only. We make decisions about seafarer certificates under Marine Order 505 (Certificates of competency — national law) 2013 and National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) Part D—Crew competencies. These documents have full details of the eligibility and other requirements for certificate applications.